Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Ok so I'm another year older, these thing happen though. All in all it was a pretty good day, I caught up with a friend of mine for some kid-free shopping, then back to my place for lunch with the kids and our husbands, relaxing afternoon then dinner out with the family.

One really good thing about having your birthday after Christmas is all the post-Christmas sales. A big thanks to all those who got me vouchers or money for my little shopping trip. Now to show off all the cool stuff I got (just picture me wearing everything and twirling around like I'm five years old).


I just love this dress, I'm not a spots person but this dress just called to me. It was the last one on the rack, it was in the right size and the style actually suits me!


Oh I also got myself a headband, earrings, necklace and a ring (I just love the sales). My favourite is the ring, you can't really see it in the picture but the ring is a little nest with a bird and little eggs, it was cute, quaint and of course it was also the last one on the shelf. I also got myself a new mascara and lip balm.

After shopping was sushi for lunch back home. My friend's daughter was playing with Gremlin and they were so cute, they kept sending each other into fits of giggles. Then my friends headed off to get the kids home for a nap, I put my kids down for a nap, then I got nap too! I love naps. Then just a chilled out arvo, Gremlin kept dancing and singing Wiggles songs to himself, which though adorable can get tiring pretty quickly, I think I'll have to teach him some new songs soon.

And then we went to Grill'd for dinner with the family and I was presented with beautiful Kindle...case, my actual Kindle is still on order, it should arrive mid January. I can't wait until it gets here, but then I'll probably spend all my money on books, books, books. And then it was back to Dad's place for some oh so sugary birthday cake which I love.

Wow, I've had a big day, I guess it's time to sleep, mmm sleep, zzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment