Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Toilet Training Rant

I am so sick of toilet training it is not funny.

I have tried everything I can think of and it hasn't worked, if someone else tells me to be patient I may just punch them.

I have tried:
  • letting him run around in undies all day (he just wees on the floor)
  • making him drink heaps of water (he just wees on the floor)
  • letting him run around naked on the grass (he waits until we are inside and wees on the floor)
  • buying a potty (he scoots around the house in it like a car but doesn't wee)
  • getting a singing potty (he just plays with it, no wees. And I want to kill the stupid thing)
  • buying a kiddie seat for the toilet (he just removes it and replaces it, over and over again)
  • giving rewards and cheers for successful trips to the toilet (he would get stickers or stamps but he needs to actually do something first)
  • singing songs to him so he'll relax and go (he waits until we are off the toilet and wees on the floor)
  • allow him to close the door so he has privacy (he just shoves an entire roll of toilet paper down the toilet)
  • stop trying, wait a few months until the girls at daycare insist that he is totally ready (he occasionally goes to the toilet for them but never for me, the bastard!)

2 comments:

  1. Glad someone else is battling this. I've had the grandparents dropping hints about it should be time and he should be old enough etc.

    "Your brother was 1 when he learnt to use the toilet" - ha! Good for him!!

    We haven't started trying anything yet... and i don't really want to at this time. Let me know when you find something that works and ill go with that too. he he he!!

    x K

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should band together and gang up on the children.

    ReplyDelete