One of Gremlin's favourite movies is "Finding Nemo." So W@dsy and I decided to get some fish. So we went and bought a fishtank, fish food, pebbles, chemicals and fish. We asked the petshop lady what fish would work well together, and we spent way too much money but figured it would be worth it because the kids would love it.
When we got home, we set up the tank, filled it with water, added the necessary chemicals, put the fish in and fed them. We named the fish after characters in "A Series of Unfortunate Events" (which by the way is an awesome book series). Count Olaf was the Siamese Fighter, Mr Poe was a Rummynose Tetra, and Duncan and Isadora two of the Quagmire triplets were Neon Tetras. Before you say anything, I'd like to remind you that we checked at the petshop and was told that Siamese fighters could be put in with the other fish.
She was wrong.
By the next morning Mr Poe, Duncan and Isadora were dead. Count Olaf had killed them. Now we only had one fish remaining, and he wasn't looking to well. W@sdy headed back to the petshop to find out what happened. Apparently Siamese Fighters ARE fine with other fish, if you have a large fish tank so the other fish can swim away. Unfortunatley for our little fishies we had a rather small tank. W@dsy went home to find another dead fish. Count Olaf had commited suicide. Okay, well, not quite. It's winter and getting rather chilly here, so Count Olaf died from the cold. Apparently fish need heaters in their tank, who knew?
So now we have an empty fish tank. and the worst thing about it is that Gremlin hasn't even realised that the fish are missing!
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Today is one of those days when the kids are super cute. They just do one cute thing after another and it makes up for all those bad days.
- While I was singing on stage at church, Chicken was in her stroller, grinning at me, then covering her eyes with her blanket and playing Peek-a-Boo.
- Gremlin was playing with his toys and jumped up, yelled "toilet" and ran for the toilet, and he made it.Yay!
- Chicken playing with the hats in the dress-up box.
- While playing in the paddle pool, Gremlin discovered that if he sat in the water and stood up, water dripped down his undies making it look like he was weeing. So he kept dunking his butt in the water, standing up, then bending over so he could see himself "wee."
- Both kids attempting to dance with the Wiggles DVD.
Nice Hat Chicken