Friday, December 16, 2011

Just when I thought it was over...

I feel I can offically call Gremlin toilet trained. He wears undies all day every day including naps. He is even dry at night about a third of the time. Sure, there is the occasional accident, but that seems to be the exception.

But then the move happened.

W@dsy and I were glad, at first, Chicken seemed ready for the move from Baby Room to Toddler Room at day care. She gets along great with the bigger kids and seems to really enjoy the games, songs and craft at the more advanced level. She comes home each day exhausted though, but I kind of expected that.

What I didn't expect was that she would decide that she was now big enough, big enough for toilet training that is. She has started removing her clothing (specifically pants) at random intervals during the day, and last night she removed her nappy and slept. God was good to me this morning, there was no poo. The bed and sheets were soaked, but thankfully no poo.

I discussed this situation with day care, they suggested that the best thing was probably to toilet train her so that at least she knows what is supposed to happen.

I don't think I can cope. It took a year and half of toilet training to get Gremlin toilet trained, and now it appears it's Chicken's turn. I may cry. I will definately pray for a quicker and easier toilet training.

As much as I look forward to a day without nappies, I would also like to have a day when I don't have to clean up "accidents" too.

No comments:

Post a Comment