Friday, January 13, 2012

Cleaning

AHHHH! It's that time again. Yup, our property manager is doing an inspection, that means a whole weekend of cleaning. Ikkk.

Don't get me wrong, I kinda think it's a good thing that she comes around every 3 months or so, it means we actually clean and the chaos gets kept to a minimum. She's not picky or harsh and she's never asked us to clean anything up.... but I feel I need to have everything spotless. Kinda like that person who cleans before the cleaning lady comes. Sometimes I invite people over for dinner just so I feel I have to clean.

But I really really hate cleaning. I mean really really hate it. I'm a hopeless slob, left to my own devises I'll probably die in a pile of dirty dishes or something similar. I am currently avoiding the enormous pile of laundry that has been staring at me for a week or two. But it must be done. By Thursday morning my house will be spotless (somewhat) ready for the inspection and by Thursday evening, it'll probably be back to square one.

Better go, laundry calls :(

2 comments:

  1. Inspection? I haven't had to deal with one of those since summer camp - when our cabins got inspected for neatness and we bribed the inspectors with adoring songs and candy. Would that work for you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe, if I didn't eat all the candy first... and the adoring songs may be a bit creepy. :)

      Delete